Key terms to remember:
- Salamangka = Magic
- Salamangkero = Magician
When I was a little boy, I usually see magicians who performed their tricks and I was amazed and believed that “magic” really existed. Until I realized that these were mere tricks and not magic. How come many people still amazed when they see magic show? The answer is Showmanship, the way on how they delivered the performance. Someone told me if you want a successfully show, even if your tricks are simple, you need a good presentation and a good delivery. In short nasa boka lang yan… (It in the way you say it) After watching an episode of Breaking the Magicians’ Code: Magic’s Biggest Secrets Finally Revealed, I understand more on how things works and I was more amazed to magic than ever before.
Metal chain magic trick revealed
Some people ask, if these magicians can do magic, how come they are not rich? They can use magic to create money, and not to perform on birthday parties and any other parties anymore. As I mentioned a while ago, these are tricks and skits that they performs to entertain us. Anyway I know some who does magic for money.😉
Moving on, if you think deeper you can see some botched magic made by our dearest government official everyday. Just tune in to you favorite TV or radio program. I will not state names, and I know that you can related on what I am saying. If not just go to Google.com and search the issue there. If these tricks are successfully performed, we will not know them. Here are some famous examples of magic tricks that our great performers botched.
- Diosdado Macapagal Boulevard – the most expensive boulevard in the whole universe according to Sen. Ping Lacson
- DeptEd Noodle Scam – PHP 12 from famous brand compared to PHP 18-22 from unknown noodle company and they said it is due to egg.
- Hello Garci – no explanation needed. Nag sorry lang OK na (Just said sorry and everything back to normal).
- Series of expensive Lamp Post, we can see this everywhere, look at Manila Bay around 2004
- Le Cirque – as we know that salary of a Bank Manager is almost the same or higher than the salary of our President. And the salary of a Congressman is smaller than the president. So how did they magic money, as they claimed that they use their own money?
- At marami pang iba haay buhay…. (And many more. Oh! life….)
See the difference? It’s magic… So on your next birthday party if you want a magician you know where to find him/her…🙂